Tuesday, May 26, 2009

poetric responses

Romans 6:12–13,16; John 19:1–2,14b; Revelations 4; Isaiah 6:1–4; Daniel 2:44; John 19:17–19; Luke 23:38; Philippians 2:10–11

reign in me
©5-23-09 hannah muonio

dethrone my flesh that
You might take Your rightful place
as King forever of my life

broken shackles
released from required service
no longer enslaved by sin
let me live as one set free

dethrone my flesh that
You might radiate from the throne
You’re meant to shine upon
let me submit my crown
with an unburdening heave to the
ground at Your feet

and let my knees with joy
bow to You
and my face with humility
meet the ground before You

King forever
You are
and I desire You to be

so, dejected i plead with You
dethrone my flesh that
You might take Your rightful place
high and lifted up
--

Your “crime”
©5-23-09 hannah muonio

beneath a sign
that boldly declares Your kingship a crime
Your royal blood flows
until the pools of red slow
and not a drop remains
poured out until the very last
for sin: future, present, past
a finished work of the Father’s will
restoration
through grace gleaned
forgiveness
sinners stand redeemed

upon the throne
heaven’s light radiates from You alone
waves of worship
grow and echo
in increasing ebb and flow
as You are beheld
--

purpose
©5-23-09 hannah muonio

joy will overflow
if You would use me, Lord
big or small
quiet or loud
seen or hidden
matters not
but that You are known
and loved
and heard
and honored

No comments: