Sunday, February 20, 2011

grateful dust

Jeremiah 30:21b–22
Declares the Lord, “And you shall be My people, and I will be your God.”

“I am yours.”
©2-20-11 hannah mclean

it is not that You have said
“you are Mine.”
it is that You have said
“I am yours.”
oh, i marvel
that such holiness
would bend to kiss
the face of one like me
and from below
around
above and
within
proclaim Your desire to uphold
this passing breath
with that which never grows old
oh, Majestic King
You give Yourself to dust



and save what should be
swept and cast away

Your gaze shines

upon my face
i have heard You say
“I am yours.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this poem was pretty significant for me last Sunday... As I was listening it was as if a corner of the curtain from between the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place had been brought up or aside, and we were invited for a moment to take a peak into the presence of the Holy One.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Hannah.

Roxana.