Friday, July 1, 2011

Picture: The Crown of Praise

During a time of prayer recently with my friend, the Lord put a song on my heart. And as a line of the song played acknowledging Jesus’ crown of praise, He gave me this picture:

Christ hung upon the cross, His head bowed, His arms outstretched. Upon His head sat a twisted crown of thorns, pressed deep into His skull. The picture was dark and lit only by a vibrant, vivid light that poured down from heaven and filled the crown of thorns until it shown with light, streaming from the point of every thorn as if light was shining into a diamond and refracting. And the Lord said, “THIS is the Crown of Praise.”

And after He had shown me this glorious and humbling thing, my friend began to read Psalm 8, and my heart leapt at verse five, “Yet You have made Him a little lower than the Heavenly being and crowned Him with glory and honor.” That is what the Lord had just shown me. When I have considered the crown of my King, I have always imagined beauty, splendor, jewels and fine metals...but this crown was given when He was in a humbled state. The twisted crown formed amid the mockery of men was made glorious on the head of my Lord as He glorified His Father in Heaven.

Wow.
May the light the shines from the piercing thorns penetrate you.
Jesus alone is worthy of our praise.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I really appreciate your thoughts here. Thank you for sharing this. I had never pictured hell in that light before, either. It is an encouraging change of mind to see it not as Satan's domain but God's domain in which Satan will himself be judged.