Sunday, September 4, 2011

Picture: The iron lantern

During worship today in the sanctuary, I was praying to the Lord that I would be wholly given over to Him, that He would open my ears to hear His voice and that I would be forever changed because of it.

As I prayed, I felt my heart leap inside of me and my hand instantly raise to cover it, as if it were going to come out of my chest. Then, without pain, I had the feeling of my heart being gently moved from my chest to my hand. I felt my hand holding my heart and I consciously lifted it up to Him in offering. With my hand upraised, He took the heart from my hand and lowered a lantern over it. The lantern was made of iron with windows on each of its four sides, each of the sides were flipped up like the petals of a flower, leaving it open on the bottom. After it encased my heart, the sides flipped down, closing over it, sort of in the shape of an acorn.

And then, to my surprise, He gave it back to me and it returned to its place inside me.

I did not know what it meant. I did not know why He gave it back.

As I sat confused, in my mind came Revelation 2:25.
I looked it up and it said, “Only hold on to what you have until I come.”
I think there is more to this picture, I look forward to its full explanation.

No comments: