Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I cast myself upon His Mercy

I cast myself upon His Mercy
©1-8-12 Hannah McLean

Oh cumbersome thoughts of today
and memories of time past
Oh burdensome worries for tomorrow
and fears too weighty to be carried
Oh troublesome companions of this life
and enemies that seek opportunity
you would conquer this weary soul
and crush this fainting spirit to dust

But
I cast myself upon His Mercy
He is enough

“Stand up,” He says
“Stand up in Jesus.”
His mighty hand can
reach down to the depths of me
that I may rise in entirety

Oh whom shall I fear
when Grace has made a way
that I may stand in the presence of
the One with power over my forever

Set free that I may worship
serve
rejoice

Covered in the blood of the Lamb
ashes wash away
for a beautiful headdress
and a garment of praise
adorned by the One who saves

“You are Mine.”
He says

“Thank You for having me.”
is my reply
as tears spill
upon His feet

No comments: