Monday, January 5, 2015

Praying for healing: Day 35

I have been very encouraged by this quote (from a great sermon) as I fight doubt surrounding my health by purposefully choosing to hope that healing will come: “We usually count victory by confronting and changing circumstances that we’re facing, but God counts victory when you pray again after loss.” Bill Johnson, An Unusual Victory

victorious waiting
©1-4-15 hannah mclean

i wait
i wish i could say with patience, 
but the peace i hold does not come easy 
nor is it due to lack of travail
as i cling to hope
with prayerful hands 

i wait 
my body sliding backwards
my spirit reaching heavenward

and yet 
i am victorious 
in this broken state
because where silence 
echoes back the wail of my heart 
i come again
and bow to pray 

again and again
i lay my head upon the Father's lap 
till His garments soak up my tears 
and His promises steady my shaking shoulders 
with Him i find
that in spite of every step i lose 
i know hope

i wait
i wait on Him to act
for without Him
i have nothing

No comments: