Monday, May 11, 2015

"as the heavens are higher than the earth..."

greater than
©5-11-15 hannah mclean

Lord
You have shown me
again and again and again
You are bigger than
the limits of my imagination
You are greater than
the desires of my heart
You are without limits

a year crowned with Your goodness
and dripping with Your abundance
has bounds beyond
the horizons i see
and overflow beyond the
reservoirs from which i now drink

and even still
more than abundance of blessing
on me
i desire abundance of worship
on You
for Your goodness is a crown upon my life
surrounding and sustaining
eternally marked by love

because Your ways
and Your love always meet
a blazing Truth in the moments
when promise meets pain

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9
“For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him” Psalm 103:11

No comments: