Friday, February 12, 2010

Savior, like a shepherd lead us

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.”

Exodus 33:15 And [Moses] said to Him, “If Your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.”

not without You

©2-12-10 hannah mclean

i plead
with my Shepherd, “lead”
i have wandered
from You and squandered
what is Yours too many times
through my mind
flows words
i have heard:
“i can do nothing apart”
“do not send me without”
i cannot yet see
Your will for me
i cannot yet hear
Lord, appear
with faith i will wait
helpless in state
unwilling to stand
lest Your hand
lifts
sift
my desires till those that contaminate
dissipate
till those that magnify
me pacify
Lord, shake
me till those that take
from You fall
You deserve ALL
so i will stay
till You show the way
that will not compromise
Your prize:
glorious fame
for Your worthy name
till You open a door
i will kneel before
You and plead
with my Shepherd, “lead”

No comments: