Friday, September 21, 2012

You have promised me a fountain.

Isaiah 41:18a “I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys.”

a fountain in this valley
©9-21-12 hannah mclean

i am not alone here
in this valley so low
i do not grieve as one
who has no hope

i am not afraid here
in this valley so low
for there is a time to laugh
and a time to weep

but i am unhinged here
and i am broken
i am without words though
there’s much to be spoken
there are rivers of tears here
that flow from my eyes
and the cracks in my heart show
the force of my sighs

You promise fountains in these valleys
Living Water that will flow
without measure in these moments
fountains I now long to know

You promise fountains in these valleys
when deep cries out to deep
so I wait here in my sorrow
longing for the One who keeps

i am filled with the honest sorrow

of sincere love
and the pain of lost joy

my aching soul wonders
as it calls for the healing flow
of the fountain You have promised
in this valley so low

No comments: