Monday, November 2, 2015

ALL the paths

“All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness for those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.” Psalm 25:10

As I read through Psalm 25 this week, I was so struck by this verse because of the use of the word “all.”
I love this verse.

ALL the paths of the Lord.

At the moment, my path is rocky; jagged, feet-splitting stones cause me hobble along, and sometimes I wonder if I have what it takes to make it to the place where the ground smooths out or if the wounds on my feet even have the potential to heal. So when I read the word, “All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness...” I wonder and I consider and I marvel.

I consider the ways His steadfast love and faithfulness meet me as I walk here; how mysterious it is that the more rugged the path, the more wondrous the love seen; how incredible it is that no matter how low I seem to stoop, the Lord bends even lower so as to lift me up; how merciful it is that the inability to be separated from His love becomes proven as He gently does not let go of me in my misery.

ALL the paths of the Lord.

I marvel that even now, in this moment, my path is solid; it is as solid in the waters of affliction as it is in green pastures of peace. It is solid not because my environment is stable or my circumstances blessed, but because the Lord Himself is steadfast and faithful, and I am His.

No comments: