Wednesday, October 28, 2015

my heart's song tonight

Psalm 103:13–14
As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

 
You must carry
©10-28-15 hannah mclean
 
carry me
i cry to You
carry me
i cry

for i have not the strength
for the rest of the journey
my heart is too worn
and my eyes are too weary
if there’s something to gain
You’re my hope or i’m slain
You must carry

carry me
i cry to You
carry me
i cry

yes, honor and glory, Lord,
i wish to bring You
yes, praise and thanksgiving
but i strain to sing
though i can’t lift my hands
i will fall to my knees
crying “please”

carry me
i cry to You
carry me
i cry

Lord, You know my frame
as it’s falling to dust
You are my Father
the One i can trust
i find rest in compassion
that shines from Your face
eternally faithful to
Your child of grace

carry me
i sigh to You
carry me
i sigh

No comments: