Thursday, April 7, 2016

i love because He first loved me

knowing
©4-6-16 hannah mclean

perhaps it is
the inclination of Your ear
and the holiest of touch
on the dustiest of soul
perhaps it is
the glory of being pursued
by the Most High
and kept by
the mercies of Your Son
perhaps it is
the wonder of Your favor
and the transforming power
of Your lavish love
perhaps it is
the peace inside Your throne room
and the mystery of
Your choice to dwell within

though innumerable the reasons
this is true:

my heart once hard and brittle
now soft and moveable
my life once my own
now pliable within Your hand
my soul once lost amid the dark
now rejoicing in the Light
my feet once wandering aimlessly
now planted in eternal purpose

overwhelmed with utter affection
i bow with joy before You
knowing
i am not just Yours
You are mine



Psalm 40:1–3 
"I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."

No comments: