Sunday, November 15, 2020

"yet, i will rejoice..."

Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls...yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer's; He makes me tread on my high places."

yet
©8-30-2020 hannah mclean
 
“...yet...”
the cry of the heart
rebelling against
the doubt
despair
desperation
of circumstances
and situations
“...yet...”
the rebellious declaration
that refuses
to follow the course
of rushing currents
but digs in its heels
and shouts
to smother pressures
of inevitability with
certainty that
there is One who
speaks the final word
“...yet...”
the word the
tramples doubt
with faith
that turns the
tables of “thoughs”
strengthening
the feeble knees
and emboldening
the drooping shoulders
with determination
“...yet...”
the battle cry
of the faithful
who has lifted
their eyes
to the One
who is not derailed
by things
seen

No comments: