Monday, April 5, 2010

fragile

may i suffer well
©4-5-10 hannah mclean

frail
fragile
what is in me
nearly breaks me
but You

You knit me together
formed in my mother’s womb
by sovereign hands

i am created by You
set apart by You
known by You

You hold me together
hemmed in on every side
by almighty strength

i am filled by You
empowered by You
kept by You

i am in awe of
Your delicate touch
Your controlled mercies
Your measured grace

frail
fragile
what is in me
nearly breaks me
but You

may the promises
that You have made
sustain me

burdens cast, carry
fears submitted, deliver
weakness acknowledged, strengthen
pain expressed, comfort

desperation
magnifying need
magnifying Faithfulness
magnifying Worth

Jesus

You said
“to the least of these
is to Me”

Your cross is enough

i do not wish
this cup
but if it will bring You glory
may i suffer well

No comments: