Saturday, April 17, 2010

You wash over me

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

waves of grace

©4-15-10 hannah mclean

i writhe
fears bombard me
pain permeates from within
weakness wilts my countenance
i am overwhelmed
i am overwhelmed

but Your comfort leaps from the page
as i read Your Word
“fear not, for I am with you
be not dismayed, for I am your God...”
i close my eyes and
speak Your truth
“I will strengthen you
I will help you...”
i open my mouth and
sing Your promises
listening to the tune
that rolls from my lips
“I will uphold you with
My righteous right hand”

and i feel You with me
i feel You with me
could there be a greater joy?
You wash over me

You wash over me
with waves of grace
waves to wipe away my fears
waves to soothe away my pain
waves to cover me with strength

no longer overwhelmed by burden
that buries
but overwhelmed by gratitude
that carries
restored and uplifted
i sing your praise

No comments: