Thursday, September 16, 2010

perseverance=fruit :)

Romans 5:1–5 "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance [perseverance], and endurance [perseverance] produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

perseverance
©9-16-10 hannah mclean

when i consider the places
i have walked
crawled
ran
and stumbled
the theme of perseverance
floods my mind
heart
soul
and spirit

prolonged trial
requiring choice:
to trust You
or to deny and seek another way

impatient nature
displaying ability to suffer long
You are the only way
such transformation has progressed
beautiful Lord
i can only praise You

Hope that does not put to shame
holds me upright
Holy Spirit
mold me as You will
steady my steps
as i persevere
to the end

Revelation 3:10–12 “Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from My God out of heaven, and My own new name.”

No comments: