Saturday, September 18, 2010

picture: surrender

Here is the picture God gave me: I am up on Your throne. Finding myself the size of an infant, I crawl backwards off Your throne and backwards until I am in my rightful place–bowing before it.

surrender
©9-17-10 hannah mclean

who am i–
self-exalted
sitting without authority
upon Your throne?

looking around
my eyes open to reality
why am i where only You belong?
i tremble at my smallness
dwarfed by the enormity of Your reign

i crawl backwards
off Your throne
my feet hit the ground
with a deafening thud
my hands and knees follow

i crawl backwards
to behold Your throne
rising immense before me
grateful to be where i belong–
bowing before You

who am i–
surrendered
basking in Your mercy?
i know that while You should cast me away
instead You accept my surrender
and my worship

who am i?
i am blessed
blessed to bow to You, my King

No comments: