Friday, September 10, 2010

pieces of poems

Colossians 2:9–10, Psalm 16:11
©hannah mclean

Filled by Him in whom all fullness dwells
Filled in Him with whom there is no wane or swell
Complete in perfect measure is
He who need not change
Bowing, we reach out to claim
the fullness of His name

____

Psalm 31
©hannah mclean

When troubles assail me
when trials derail me
when burdens outweigh me
when sorrows dissuade me

I trust in You, O Lord;
I say, “You are my God."
My times are in Your mighty hand
and I stand.

___

Mark 12:41–44
©hannah mclean

the two copper coins echo as they fall
ringing out a humble widow’s offering of all
a gift that’s far too short to meet the world’s demands
belittled when viewed beside the rich man’s hand

but You say to the ones who follow You, “come see,
an offering that’s worthy of Me
a greater gift than what the others give combined
for all she has was offered from her palm to Mine”

how glorious Your measure
how merciful Your pleasure

No comments: