Friday, March 20, 2009

justified by Christ

untitled two
© Hannah Muonio

Verse 1
creation groans beneath the weight of sin
wails of lament shudder through my body
as my face meets the dust

clinging filth surrounds me as the
bound are pushing, pulling at me as the
lost are laughing, sneering at me as the
blind are feeling pity for me

creation moans beneath the weight of sin
screams of pain tear through my body
as my heart shatters
surging sobs thunder in my ears

Verse 2
what, what can lift the burden
that now crushes?
who, who can bear the judgment
for my sin?
with holy justice You reign and
how, how can i stand before You?

Verse 3
Love desires for all salvation
Love says “arise and come away”
Love has moved our God to be the
price no mortal man could pay
Love declares the chosen righteous
Love maketh not afraid
Love will drive the broken sinner
to the grave where He was laid.

No comments: