Friday, December 11, 2015

Meditations from Psalm 65:3

When iniquities prevail against me,
You atone for our transgressions.


When my iniquities are winning...

when my spirit cannot withstand my flesh...
when the guilt of my sin is too great...
when my failures and faults have beaten me down so that I cannot stand...
You step into my atmosphere and atone for my transgressions, changing the outcome of the battle. 

Your atonement is ALWAYS victorious; 
Your holiness and who I am in You is ALWAYS greater than my wickedness and who I am without You; 
Your holiness is ALWAYS enough to cover my transgressions; 
Your blood ALWAYS pure enough to wash me white as snow. 

The only thing that will truly prevail when You are for me and I am in You...is You. 
And if that doesn’t make us overwhelmed with gratitude and praise, then I would venture that it is because we don’t understand ourselves or our need for you.

No comments: