Friday, December 11, 2015

Meditations from Psalm 65:1–2

Praise is due to You, O God, in Zion,
and to You shall vows be performed.


(Side note: The NKJV words this “praise awaits You...”)

The month of November for me was a month spent in praise. I looked back over the Lord’s work in my life and praised Him for His faithfulness...and then I added to my former praises the praise I had not yet offered to Him for the effects of His work that, before that point, I had not yet seen. There was praise waiting for Him that had not yet been pondered or offered, and in November, I brought to Him some of the praise that was “due” to Him. 

There is endless measure to His endless mercy if only we open our eyes to see it; which means, there is endless measure to His deserved praise that if we take the time, we get to bring to light and to life and to Him. How glorious a God to walk and work in such a way that there is ALWAYS praise to be found for Him.

O You who hears prayer,
to You shall all flesh come.


Oh man, can I just tell you that for me this title is utterly beautiful: "O You who hears prayer." I think that being heard in and of itself can brings so much comfort. There are times Nathan will ask me, “What did you pray about today?” and I will tell him, “Nothing. I just sat with the Lord and cried.”

Sometimes prayer doesn’t require words because God listens to the cries of the heart. And sometimes prayer doesn’t require words because it just requires presence. And it doesn’t matter who you are or what you believe or don’t believe or what you have or haven’t done, your soul longs for the living God, and when you come to Him, He promises to draw near.

No comments: