Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Broad and the Narrow

So, I was reading this:
Psalm 18:19 “He brought me out into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me.”

And thought of this:
Matthew 7:14 “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

And wrote this:
The Broad and the Narrow
©3/29/07 Hannah Muonio

So human are my eyes and mind
that search the Word as if to find
an answer to the age old thoughts
of narrow roads and hardships wrought
of why God’s called His child to tread
a path that many face with dread

But only with my human mind
the path to life appears confined.

For where my mortal eyes will fail
the Spirit’s open to unveil
the path to life is only small
when set amid man’s mighty fall
it’s only when temptations cling
the path looks strait and harrowing

But when one sees the Lord is dear
The path to life feels broad and clear.

For much delight the Lord will give
Himself and those who to Him live
in making up all that we lack
in giving all we can’t give back
For who could break neath such a love
as God has given from above?

Such joy comes when we truth attain;
to live is Christ, to die is gain.

No comments: