Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Proclamation

nothing less than all
© 10/6/08 Hannah Muonio

to proclaim
Your name
my voice could never speak
loud enough
a faint whisper it seems
is all my lips can provide
in relation to the
volume it deserves--
but Lord, with all my voice
let me speak

to proclaim
Your name
my life i give to add
to the chorus that my
trembling lips sing
a unified dance
calling for others to join in--
with nothing less than all
let me give

to proclaim
Your name
my prayers i lift
in the quiet of time with You
heard by Your ears alone
asking You to move
in bringing voices of proclamation
to my side

to proclaim
Your name
my hands in service move
to love and serve
desiring in return
nothing for me
and ALL for You

to proclaim
Your name
my heart i offer up
longing that i not withhold
a single ounce
of what i am
when looking in the face
of what You are--
a broken heart in need of healing
but it is wholly Yours

o Lord,
to proclaim
Your name
that all might know You--
my full desire

No comments: