Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God works in many ways.

John 6:67–68
So Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”

Living Truth
©2-24-08 Hannah Muonio

There are things I know to be true
and whether I can explain to you
in words that meet your ears
and ring as real...
With tears
I will defend the work that God has done
inside this woman
hear my appeal.

I was raised in church, unfree and more,
told there was no other door
through which I could walk
and be met with truth
or godly talk
And the God that I had shown to me
was just to pour His fury
on this youth.

And so when age was on my side
I hurried far from true and tried
and walked my chosen path
An ugly road of sin
with aftermath
that beat this girl, with heart depraved
until searing wounds engraved
bore through skin

And somewhere on this cratered road
The Lord, in mercy, calmly told
A crumpled, empty heap
of flesh the facts--
joy that leaps
will not be found apart from God above
and nor will Love
“You’ll die from lack”

Informed of truth of what is real
In light of God’s direct appeal
I did not know, and
worse, not care
enough to stand
And seek to know the depth of God
that ran past rod
I did not dare

And so I walked, in utter shame
Away from God, and racked up blame
My sinful flesh I tore
opened wide
and daily bore
a load of guilt that would
make the very worst look good
when set beside.

I don’t know when or how or why
but God refused to let me die
and my feet made way
inside the church
from past day
Where my father opened up the Word
and spoke of Love I once had heard
my heart did lurch

And since I gave my life to Him
submitted all my fleshly whim...
The past He cleansed
atoned by Christ
His blood contends
Where stone was, He placed a softened heart
My life, with love, He set apart
His grace suffice

I have often tried to sort it out
How could this change have come about?
I know with certainty
this work of God
was not from me
Instead, with awe, I weeping know
God’s built His truth into my soul
there's no facade.

No comments: